Tuesday, November 29, 2011

His promise is true.

27 weeks now.


  Hello Third Trimester, you better last dang it! My current nemesis is Pre-Term Labor. Oh, and baby naming, but not as bothered by. 


Here I am looking full term and just like everyone else I'm wondering if I really can make it to 40 weeks. 
From the looks I get from concerned, well intentioned persons, it makes me wonder myself. 
You may think "Why in the world would she want to stay pregnant that long?" 


Well, because I don't want to learn to be a parent of multiples in a NICU. 


Also, call me crazy,  I would like them to be born with independently functioning lungs.


And they are my babies. No one can argue that they don't want to see their babies admitted to a high-risk nursery.  


I'm doing all kinds of things to prevent this but the thing I feel is working the best is prayer. 


This natural birth adventure has opened up such a different way I see my Holy Father and 
the way he has designed me.  It has made me dive into His Word and seek the promises He has for me and it replaces my fears. 


These are all things that with my first pregnancy I left up to the Doctors. I put everything in their hands and said a prayer that it would all turn out.

So many friends have joined me in prayer and supported me while choosing this path as well and I thank them!


 The verse I have in my heart this week:
 "I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go. I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

When researching this twin delivery thing I was so overwhelmed with the term "high-risk". It just didn't make sense to me when I felt fine and had a wonderful previous pregnancy. 


All I needed was some evidence-based information to show me that being pregnant and delivering twins needed to be treated as an actual medical emergency. 


And guess what? 
I couldn't find any. 


The research led me to reasons for pre-term labor, low birth weight, edema, toxemia, and a few other pregnancy aggravations are mostly due to the nutritional, emotional, and physical well being of the mother.


I decided, at that point, to take this into my own hands and get down to the nitty gritty and eat that protein! haha.  


The week I had enlightened myself with so much pregnancy information I was so relieved, but at the same time, something was missing. 


I had my husbands support (he is actually the first natural pregnancy, natural birth advocate of our family, introducing me to his readings and findings during my first pregnancy opened the floodgates). 


I had support from great friends. 


And really, how can you deny evidence-based research? You can't.


Finally Sunday came and this was the song I shouted to, not only my Creator, but
also the one who created their lives as well. 


Maybe no one has ever praised Jesus and pleaded with Him during Worship about their coming labor, but tears were streaming down my face as I pulled this promise out of the song and into my heart. 


                                          My foes are many, they rise against me

But I will hold my ground


I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

from Psalms 40






I know. I know. Still you are wondering..
 "Why in the world would she want to be pregnant that long?"
Now added. "Why in the world would you want to have a drug free labor and delivery?!"
HAHA!



            ............because it is absolutely the best thing for my dear ones.  










No comments:

Post a Comment